Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

For those who aren't familiar with this blog: I'm a Peanuts-obsessed, retro childhood enthusiast. The majority of my childhood memories depicted here tend to be Peanuts related. In my mind, Charles M. Schulz's exquisite pen strokes were not just art but poetic self-help books. Today being Valentine's Day, my immediate thought (I can't help myself, I blame years of conditioning) is of Charlie Brown, Linus, Snoopy and their assorted gang of philosophers, rejects, dreamers and romantics (to name a few). These kids got unrequited love: they lived it, they survived it. Heartbreak was commonplace but they never stopped hoping for something better...for acceptance...for that little red-headed girl...for Miss Othmar...for that darn valentine to arrive in the mail. Peanuts is Americana in all its brilliance and so much more.

Check out the breathtaking interpretation of Schulz's Valentine's Day masterpiece from the artists of Dark Hall Mansion (be sure to check out their entire collection of work). In a word, stunning:


























The official Peanuts Twitter shared some classic valentines themed Peanuts strips this past week. Enjoy:



























And from flickr by CheshireCat666 a Scholastic Books classic:

Be My Valentine,Charlie Brown hardcover Peanuts book-1976

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.
    I can really relate to the 5th card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me too. :) Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  2. Chelly,

    I have enjoyed reading some of what you have to offer here at I Miss My Childhood.

    I hope you have some free time some day to drop by RetroDaze and reminisce with us there.

    We are a small but passionate group of retrojunkies who share are interests with each other through forum discussion, member written articles, member submitted videos, and more.

    Please drop by and say hello some time. And if you decide to contribute an article (or 1,000 articles, :D ) feel free to plug your blog site within them.

    Hope to see you there Chelly!

    Vaporman87
    Tony G.
    www.retro-daze.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thank you so much for your lovely comment Tony! :) and for inviting me to your wonderful site (love it!). I will drop by and would love to share some articles. Thanks once again. Cheers. :)

      Delete
  3. Always fun to read your posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brandon! :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails