Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy 40th: The Young and the Restless

Today marks 40 years since The Young and the Restless aired on CBS. As I've mentioned before, Y&R will always remind me of my those special moments in childhood when Mum and I gathered in front of the telly and watched the daily turmoil of families and lovers in Genoa City. These fictional characters and their tales of woe or delight (depending on the day) became more than just a passing fancy. They were family. Adulterous, power struggling, jealous, vain, insecure, vibrant and yes loving family. You could drop in on them from time to time and still feel at home (and amused). So here's to you Y&R for making childhood (and adulthood) brighter. Click here to see the first episode of Y&R that aired on CBS on March 26, 1973.

Goodies via CBS: the original drawings from the show opening by Sandy Dvore. Click to enlarge.

via: CBS
via: CBS



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails