Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Book Love: Little House on the Prairie






































"In the thin dark before morning Ma gently shook Mary and Laura till they got up. In firelight and candlelight she washed and combed them and dressed them warmly. Over their long red-flannel underwear she put wool petticoats and wool dresses and long wool stockings. She put their coats on them, and their rabbit-skin hoods and their red yarn mittens. 

Everything from the little house was in the wagon, except the beds and tables and chairs. They did not need to take these, because Pa could always make new ones." (Laura Ingalls Wilder)

3 comments:

  1. I bet the book was a whole lot better then the show. I never really was too crazy about the show especially when my parents had the nerve to compare me to Nelly. I was never like Nelly. First off I was never a spoiled brat. I never had long curly locks of hair and number one, I never had any siblings. Besides I was one of the quietest kids in the vicinity. Also I had no choice in the matter of watching that since there was only one TV in the house at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, you are far too kind and lovely to be compared to that horrid creature Nelly! I'm so sorry that they compared you to her and I can imagine how it ruined the show for you. I liked watching the show but sometimes the storylines were too emotionally draining (ie the Christmas one). The later seasons were not as good as the earlier ones. Books are always better than the TV/movie counterparts aren't they?

      Delete
  2. While I enjoyed the early years of the tv show (not so much after Albert showed up and the story line veered off entirely from the books), the books were far better. I've always wished they would do a stricter adaption of the books as a mini-series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails