Friday, January 17, 2014

Rest in Peace Gentlemen

Children of the 60s and 70s (and the multitudes that tuned in decades later) lost two beloved sitcom icons this week. Russell Johnson aka The Professor on Gilligan's Island and Dave Madden aka Reuben Kincaid on The Partridge Family both passed away on January 16.




I adored both veteran actors but Russell Johnson has a sentimental place in my heart. I watched Gilligan's Island religiously as a kid and the characters were were akin to bumbling but loyal friends. I got Gilligan's Island. When I watched, I was in the zone. The Professor was a hoot. He was as awkward as he was intelligent and as seemingly asexual (except for when Zsa Zsa came to town) as he was sexy. I always wanted him to hook up with one of the gals. The Howells, as lovable as they were, were not romance enough for my matchmaking heart.

Dave Madden was born in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada and was in a slew of other shows, including the legendary Rowan and Martins Laugh-In. His Partridge scenes with young Danny Bonaduce were a delight. Both actors thankfully wrote memoirs: Reuben on Wry: The Memoirs of Dave Madden and Here on Gilligan's Isle. Rest in peace gentlemen, we'll miss you something awful.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails